Friday, July 22, 2005

Day Three! Hex Hacking is HELL ON EARTH!

Hi all!
Ok, let's review day two...Yesterday, I got home with a migrane headache. Why? Because staring at an hex file for at least 6 hours has this weird effect on people... :S
Well, at the end I understood and read the Awards structure with a little (HUGE) help from Stefan. I've ran some tests and managed to get the info from the hex file into my test application. And with Stefan's structure info, the data starts to make sense.
Now you may wonder, "But Pedro, why on earth you need the Awards info to build an assistant manager program?", to which I reply "Wouldn't you like to be able to search your game and find out that striker that scores 100 goals a season, costs 1K AND has won the FIFA World Player award 15 times?". I believe your answer will be..."Yeah, sure! But there's no such player!"...Ok, but imagine he exists. This effort has the purpose of allowing you to search players and sort them by awards received, for instance. And you might check WHICH awards did he receive. So, i'm cool with awards. You people should also be... :D
Moving on to Day Three!
Today I'll try to give some time to this, but it seems I'll have just a few hours to dedicate to this.
Nevertheless, I'll try to understand the Clubs structure. So, stick with me, feed some info if you have it, and don't forget to check out Stefan's blog (http://fm2005objects.blogspot.com/).
Oh, and by the way, did you see the game between my Sporting and Celtic yesterday? Man, I believe this season we're gonna rock seriously!
Well, you guys go and have a nice day. It's party time! Today's friday, ffs!

No comments: